Thursday, June 2, 2011

Flashpoint: Secret 7 #1

Peter Milligan, George Perez, Fernando Blanco, Scott Koblish

"Hunter's Moone:" Normally, I'd like to have a history or character description, or something to sum this one up. Really... I got nothing. I checked Wikipedia for a rundown on either of the two main characters here, and neither one had an entry of any value.


Summary: I have to admit that when I started this book, I was hoping for some tie to Secret Six, the best series being put out right now and I'll have a new issue of it reviewed soon. This however is more closely related to Grant Morrison's 7 Soldiers miniseries about random heroes in time who save the world, but never meet. This issue focuses on Shade, the Changing Man, whose Vest of Madness can... well, detect madness. Shade is abducted by aliens who want to take his vest but is teleported out by June Moone, a split personality version of Enchantress from the Shadowpact team. Pretty short, I know, but this comic is incomprehensible. Magic trenchcoat is kinda cool... but not as cool as a cape, right Max?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

High Points: Obviously, the writer. It is a very colorful comic.

Low Points: Pretty much everything else. And the sad thing, is that given his appearance in the main Flashpoint series, this might be required reading.

Verdict: D. Not much more I can say here. If you have read (and liked) 7 Soldiers of Victory, this might be a book for you. I, however, could not follow it to save my life, so best of luck. James, your feelings?


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment