Friday, July 8, 2011

Flashpoint: Secret 7 #2

Peter Milligan, Fernando Blanco, and Scott Koblish

"Call of the Wild:" If you didn't pick up on it last month... I'm not a fan of this series at all. It appears all of the usable magic characters are on a team, but they don't know it. I will probably rush this since it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.


Summary: We open to a schoolteacher in California that is teaching English to children... and all of them know Spanish. There is a bit of social commentary in each of this week's Flashpoint issues. This one, it seems that immigration is a huge problem. Anyway, this woman is actually a 12 year old.... and Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld, who hasn't really been around for 15 years. She is then summoned by this glowing light that comes from Shade, the Changing Man. We then cut to Flash villain Abra Kadabra, who is a member of the 7, and upon remembering, decides to go public with the identities of the team. Back to Shade, who seems to be going insane and incapable of controlling his coat of madness. Two more of the seven meet, Raven and Zatanna, the former, part demon, apparently under her father's influence, and the latter, covered in Z tatoos, and she has Wolverine hair. Cutting back to Shade, Echantress walks in on him holding Amethyst's dead body, apparently killing her with madness energy. What?

Highs: This issue had more people I knew.... and the art was pretty decent.

Lows: I feel like this is so stupid, I can't even find words.

Verdict: F. My first F, and its well deserved. This series is just awful. I've never been so confused and bored at the same time. My feelings can be summed up as such: The old woman is whoever wrote this:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment